Items within the retail system cannot be deleted. They can, however, be marked as Inactive.
To make an item Inactive
1) From the main menu in Cloud POS backoffice, go to Create & Manage Items, then Items;
2) Use the filters to search for the item you wish to deactivate;
3) When you have located the item, click Edit;
4) Untick the Item Active tick box, in the top left of the item card;
5) If you have made an error creating the item and need to use the same lookup code on a new item, type INACTIVE after the current item lookup code:
6) Next, remove any Aliases associated with the item, by clicking Delete next to each alias:
7) You will also need to remove the supplier part codes. Click Edit next to the supplier and remove the supplier part code:
8) Click the Save button at the foot of the page.
Once the original item has been deactivated, you can now create the new item using the same details.