Managing Cashiers // How do I create a new Cashier?
How to get your Cashiers set up in POS
1) From the menu navigate to Setup and then Cashiers & Users. The Cashiers & Users list will appear;
2) Select New, located in the top left corner of the grid;
3) Complete the form presented.
- Name - Required Field
- Email - The email address must be unique. You cannot have two cashiers with the same email address. This is a required field.
- Telephone - The telephone number for the store at which the cashier is based
- Security Level - Set the required security access for this cashier. This is a required field. Click here for more on Security Levels
- Store - Use the dropdown to select the correct store for the cashier. This is a required field.
- Pin - Set a unique PIN number for the cashier. This is used to quick-switch in POS. Click here for further reading on POS Cashier Quick Switch
- Active - Activate/deactivate the Cashier access as required
4) Click Update and you have created the Cashier in the retail system;
5) Back in the main Cashier grid, you now need to create a memorable Password for the cashier. Passwords must contain a minimum of eight characters and contain at least one uppercase letter (A-Z) and one number (0-9). Click Set Password, enter the new password and then click OK. If you need to amend the password in future, you can do so here by following Step 5 again.